Check your email health score
Mail-tester is a service that allows you to test numerous aspects of your email delivery system. It tests the health score of your email address, the configuration of your domain, as well as the content of the message itself. Knowing how all of those factors are perceived by the spam-filters gives you comprehensive insight into the issues with the deliverability of your communication and ways to resolve them.
When you hit the wall of spam-filters, it proves to be a blessing. However, it’s a good idea to use it regularly, just to keep your hand on the pulse.
How do you use it in order to get relevant information, though? Follow this short tutorial, to get the most out of mail-tester.
To get the most out of mail-tester, you’ll want to:
- use one of the messages that you actually send to your prospects and
- send it from the email address you use for outbound.
To achieve all that, you’ll need to:
- Go to the mail-tester website.
- Copy the email address generated for you by mail-tester. Keep in mind, that a new email address is generated every time you refresh the page.
- Create a new message in your mailbox. Go to Growbots and open a cadence that you use regularly. Copy the contents of the first message in the cadence and paste it into the new message in your mailbox. Make sure to copy the subject line as well.
- Send the message to the email address generated by mail-tester in step 1 from the email address that you want to do a test for.
- Go back to the mail-tester website. Make sure that the email address typed on the page is the one to which the test message has been sent. If it’s not, you can input the email address into the mail-tester website.
- Click Then check your score. You will be redirected to the results page.
To share the results, just copy the address of the results page and pass it on.
Interpreting the results
Mail-tester offers a lot of information on what you can improve and how to do that. The best place to start is to follow the suggestions provided on the results page itself.
If your email address or domain is blacklisted, follow the links provided as the blacklist names to find information on how to get off them.
If your SPF record is not set correctly, you will find step-by-step guides on the mail-tester website. Just follow the “SPF Guides” link at the bottom of the page.
If you need any help with interpreting the results and deciding on what to do next, take a look at our Ultimate Guide to Killing Spam or reach out to the Growbots Customer Success team.